born at 321.89 PPM CO2

"Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort." - John Ruskin

Friday 19 April 2019

MY DAD

Last weekend my father was taken into hospital. He's had Parkinsons for some months and the medication has never quite got it under control. To add to that he had a heart attack about twenty years ago after which a pacemaker was fitted.

The reason for his latest stay in hospital was a urinary infection which was making him hallucinate and talk nonsense.

When I got home from work yesterday (18/04/2019), there was a message on the answering machine from my mum saying the dad had gone down hill and was really not good.

I rang the hospital ward. The phone was answered by someone (I'm guessing  a nurse) and I introduced myself and told the nurse that my mother had told me my father was not good and I asked her if his condition was really that serious. She replied "I'm terribly sorry, he's just passed away". I wasn't expecting that!

No comments:

Post a Comment