born at 321.89 PPM CO2

"Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort." - John Ruskin

Sunday 16 October 2022

(IAN) BLOGGER DOWN

When I started 'doing' my blog in 2019, it was merely a pasttime to enable me to disconnect with thinking about work. I've always been a worrier and find it hard to stop dwelling on work stuff.

As I got more and more into the subject of sustainability, green energy and environmental tipping points I started to look for more industry and topic based material to read which exposed me to some brilliant journalists; Nick Lavers and Loz Blain at New Atlas, Nick Blenkey at MarineLog, all of the fantastic writers at the Guardian, I could go on and on.

The more great writers I came across, the more I wanted others to read them, the more I posted and the more page views I got, taking 'Guff House' to 270-300 page views a day.

I even read a book about blogging and started back linking 'more like this' to try and make the experience of reading 'Guff House' more personal to the reader's subject preference.

Then came October 2022 - sixteen days ago and my page views went from up to 300 per day, to 50. My initial thoughts were that I'd somehow posted something so offensive I'd simultaneously offended the majority of readers, then reviewing the blog stats I realised that I'd effectively lost 'the world’s' viewers i.e. everyone outside of the UK in one go.

I can't find any reason for losing the world which is a tad annoying and ultimately deflating as it suggests that what I do is not the only influencer on how many people read this blog so in a nutshell - thanks for reading. more like this (Ian) - link

No comments:

Post a Comment